Hard disk test with UEFI impossible ?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

balaizeben

Hard disk test with UEFI impossible ?

#1 Post by balaizeben » Tue May 29, 2018 8:18 am

Hello,
I am French (sorry for the atraduction).

Since the system "UEFI" every time I want to test a hard disk, the hard disk is not recognized.

However, I activated "CSM" or "Legacy" and disable "secure boot".
But nothing to do hard drives are never recognized ??

How to do

Thank you

balaizeben

Re: Hard disk test with UEFI impossible ?

#2 Post by balaizeben » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:55 am

No one to answer?
How to test a hard disk on a UEFI system with UBCD?
Hard drives are never recognized.
Should I use another program?

The Piney

#3 Post by The Piney » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:33 pm

You can try adjusting the CSM setttings and sometimes you may have to adjust SATA/RAID settings as well. Although, if the controller drivers are not included in the drive testing tool or kernel you'll have issues with that as well.

You can check out my post from the UBCD4Win section for some suggestions --> https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/v ... 19&t=15724

Win10PESE and more recently Win10XPE are great for testing Window 10 based systems and previous winbuilder version are still available but some need to be built first.

balaizeben

#4 Post by balaizeben » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:18 am

The Piney wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:33 pm You can try adjusting the CSM setttings and sometimes you may have to adjust SATA/RAID settings as well. Although, if the controller drivers are not included in the drive testing tool or kernel you'll have issues with that as well.

You can check out my post from the UBCD4Win section for some suggestions --> https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/v ... 19&t=15724

Win10PESE and more recently Win10XPE are great for testing Window 10 based systems and previous winbuilder version are still available but some need to be built first.
OK, thanks, I'll go see this;)

Otherwise, yes, I configure in csm, but a foit started on Western Digital or Seagate tests, it detects me no disk ....

I'm just looking for a software that can test hard drives.

The Piney

#5 Post by The Piney » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 pm

You can try putting the drive into an external enclosure. I've had some manufacturer's diagnostic tools work well enough over USB but some do not detect the drive or think they have "no media".

balaizeben

#6 Post by balaizeben » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:40 am

The Piney wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:55 pm You can try putting the drive into an external enclosure. I've had some manufacturer's diagnostic tools work well enough over USB but some do not detect the drive or think they have "no media".
Yes currently I place the hard drive on another motherboard that does not manage the UEFI ... and no problem, but it's quite compelling ...
There is a problem with UBCD on the new motherboard managing the UEFI .... so it will soon be complicated to use this utility ...
Thank you