Need details about how to effectively use ubcd 5.38

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Rasta

Need details about how to effectively use ubcd 5.38

#1 Post by Rasta » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:35 pm

I just created the bootable CD and I want to use it on a couple laptops that got handed down to me instead of being thrown out. I really need some basic instructions on how to get the biggest bang for the buck, especially on the first of the laptops that I want to tackle. It was originally used as a network boot-in device in order to check availability and prices for inventory on-hand at a warehouse prior to, or after returning from sales outlets. I was able to use the ubcd to recover or delete passwords into the bios and I can also use it to preempt windows startup and access all areas of the two partition, 500 Gb hard drive, but that's about as far as I feel comfortable adventuring on my own, for fear of creating a mess. I think I would like to use the two partitions already created, just with different software. A bootable initial drive with ms-dos, maybe about 100 - 150 Mb so that I can also install other operating systems or software downloads for later installation on the secondary drive of about 465 Gb for windows 7, and then other items as the need arises. Both partitions would be NTFS. The stumper that has stopped me from proceeding is the cmos/bios that was installed to use this laptop as the network search engine. There was only access to F1 and F2. F7, F9, F10 were not accessible without the password, and F12 was the network login. I had some fun getting around all these security concerns, and now I just want to create a normal computer for everyday use on the web and maybe a spreadsheet or two. I'm at a loss as to how to go about accomplishing these seemingly very basic tasks. Any advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Rasta Ferian

googaa

Re: Need details about how to effectively use ubcd 5.38

#2 Post by googaa » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks for question

me too; I want to know how using UBCD 538 to erase HDD password
i've made UBCD bootable CD
I'm waiting...
thanks to help us