Unable to select "enable usb"

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

deerewright

Unable to select "enable usb"

#1 Post by deerewright » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:35 pm

I am booting v5.1.1 from CD. I have no problem booting. But I am trying to test an USB external drive. The bios sees the drive, but when trying to run DLG (v4 or 5), I am unable to select "enable usb". The keyboard works fine: I can use the arrow keys, Enter, etc. But, no mattter what I select, I cannot get an 'X' in the box next to "enable usb". I am using a logitech wireless keyboard/mouse which is plugged into the PS ports, not USB.

ady

Re: Unable to select "enable usb"

#2 Post by ady » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:52 pm

I'm not sure about the intention / goal of the question.

If you want to know which key to press so the enable or disable an option ("[X]" or "[ ]"), then you need to press the space bar while the dialog is being displayed. The <TAB> key lets you jump from each field to the next, or use the arrows keys. When a certain field or button is selected, pressing the space bar key changes the status (enable / disable) or activates the button (OK / CANCEL).

If you want to make the boot process to pause for each step, you also have an option for that in the UBCD FREEDOS boot menu.

HTH.

deerewright

Re: Unable to select "enable usb"

#3 Post by deerewright » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:46 pm

I guess I tried everything but the space bar!×°>~? :oops:

Thanks for the help!