It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: UBCD launch tools
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:47 am 

Hello,
I am running windows xp professional on my desktop.
When I boot the computer and the UBCD main window loads with a list of options. I press enter to launch the tools then it will go to a blank screen with a cursor blinking in the top corner. After a time I will get prompted to remove all media and press any key to start. Once I press any key I then get prompted to strike F1 to retry boot or press F2 for setup utility.
If I press F1 it beeps at me and wants me to either press F1 or F2 again. I press F2 and it will take me to the setup menu where I am prompted a password (that I do not know).
My question is I can not load or launch and of the tools on the UBCD. If and when I do press launch I get the remove all media and press any key.
Much help would greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: UBCD launch tools
PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:45 pm 

Take a look at the main picture located down the middle of the official download page http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html which currently includes a title text as "Ultimate Boot CD V5.2.8".

If you don't get to see that initial boot menu, then either you downloaded something else (do you actually know what you want to achieve? Do you actually need UBCD for such goal?), or you are seeing something related to the BIOS, or a mix of the two.

There might be some problem to boot UBCD in your system, but before getting into troubleshooting, let's be sure that you actually need/want UBCD and not something else.