unlock drive

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ateam201

unlock drive

#1 Post by ateam201 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:31 pm

a friend of mine told me to get ultimate boot cd and theres a utility in it called ata password tool that will unlock the drive but i am having some problems with that below you will see what i see and i am just trying to get into the drive at this point i care less whats on the drive just want to get in it.

maxtor 6y230p0

revision yar41bw0

ata password tool v1.1

S, E, L, F, X, V
+ + + - + h

any suggestions

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:02 am

If your not worried about the data, I'd suggest getting a new hard drive. If you purchased the computer (laptop?) you can sometimes get the company you bought it from to give you that information. The issue is that there are 2 possible passwords, the "User password" and a "Master password". If you have tried the user password too many times you may need the master password. The DriveLock feature is intended for security so your data is not as easily accessed if the drive/computer is lost or stolen..

The problem I have with giving out the few default master passwords I have is that I cannot confirm that this is not a stolen computer and I'm not sure if Victor would want the passwords posted on this site...

ateam201

#3 Post by ateam201 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:14 am

its a user level password i just needed the master i tried calling maxtor/seagate and they were saying they don't provide passwords and that its a software issue and not our problem. the drive is not stolen its an internal drive 3.5 inch not from a laptop . if you can private msg me the passwords i been trying all week to get this drive to work i would hate to throw out a working drive when i know its the ata password i probably set when trying to hook it up to my xbox but that box is long gone.