Adding files to ubcd 5 (autorun in windows)

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

andypandy1962

Adding files to ubcd 5 (autorun in windows)

#1 Post by andypandy1962 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:58 am

Hi,

I tried using ultra iso to add some folders and files to the ubcd iso, so I could create a autorun cd that works in windows. The autorun loads a graphical menu (autoplay menu studio type) so it can be used as software installer.

However when a boot the cd I get a iso linux images checksum error, any idea what I' doing wrong or is this not possible?

Thanks

Andy

andypandy1962

Re: Adding files to ubcd 5 (autorun in windows)

#2 Post by andypandy1962 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:20 am

andypandy1962 wrote:Hi,

I tried using ultra iso to add some folders and files to the ubcd iso, so I could create a autorun cd that works in windows. The autorun loads a graphical menu (autoplay menu studio type) so it can be used as software installer.

However when a boot the cd I get a iso linux images checksum error, any idea what I' doing wrong or is this not possible?

Thanks

Andy
Is this the fix?:

You can extract the iso with 7zip.
You can run /ubcd/tools/ubcd2iso/ubcd2iso.cmd to make the iso again.

StopSpazzing

#3 Post by StopSpazzing » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:28 am

Yes, you have to extract the ISO and then rebuild it as when a program edits the data it tends to corrupt the image and doesn't work properly afterwards.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

andypandy1962

#4 Post by andypandy1962 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 pm

StopSpazzing wrote:Yes, you have to extract the ISO and then rebuild it as when a program edits the data it tends to corrupt the image and doesn't work properly afterwards.
Worked a treat thanks :-)