How to add NOD32 for DOS to UBCD?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

RK-53

How to add NOD32 for DOS to UBCD?

#1 Post by RK-53 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:17 am

Hi,
Dos version of NOD32 - NODDOSEN.EXE contain these files:

NOD32.000 /size: 15,6MB /virus def. file
nod32dos.exe /size: 224kB /program

I create CAB file using:
cabarc -r -p -m lzx:21 n c:\X\nod32dos.cab *

CUSTOM.CFG:
-----------------
LABEL nod32dos
MENU NOD32 FOR DOS
TEXT HELP
NOD AV Scan
ENDTEXT
LINUX /boot/syslinux/memdisk
INITRD /ubcd/images/fdubcd.img.gz
APPEND raw ubcdcmd=nod32dos

(*/ If I use:
INITRD /ubcd/images/win_me.img /bootable image Win ME/

i boot only to DOS/drive A:/ and CD drive is now not available )

CUSTOM.INI
---------------
[User Defined]
nod32dos; "nod32dos.exe"; -$; Nod32 for DOS

After extracting file nod32dos.cab to memdisk, loader say, that RAMDISK IS FULL /available 12MB, required 15MB / :(

Exist other better way to integrate NOD for DOS to UBCD?/without limited memdisk/
How to create bootable ISO/nod32dos.iso/ from these 2 files?/NOD32.000,nod32dos.exe/
I don't know, what create bootimage/floppy_1.44.00.ima/ to use with ISO in UBCD/path to CD drive might be different(f:,g:,..,z:). Must bootimage/ floppy_1.44.00.ima/ contain drivers/mscdex.exe, cdrom.sys/ for booting ISO CD/nod32dos.iso/ or not?

Thank for ideas.
/I am not ENGLISH - sorry :) /

Icecube

Re: How to add NOD32 for DOS to UBCD?

#2 Post by Icecube » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:25 pm

RK-53 wrote: Exist other better way to integrate NOD for DOS to UBCD?/without limited memdisk/
This isn't a limitation of MEMDISK. You need to set a higher value for the ramdisk that is created by freedos (the cab files are unpacked to this ramdrive). Look inside the FreeDOS image 'fdubcd.img'.
RK-53 wrote: I don't know, what create bootimage/floppy_1.44.00.ima/ to use with ISO in UBCD/path to CD drive might be different(f:,g:,..,z:). Must bootimage/ floppy_1.44.00.ima/ contain drivers/mscdex.exe, cdrom.sys/ for booting ISO CD/nod32dos.iso/ or not?
If you boot a floppy image (DOS based), and you want to access a CD-ROM (or mapped ISO) to read additional files, your floppy image needs additional drivers.
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

RK-53

#3 Post by RK-53 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:40 pm

OK,
but I can´t find inside 'fdubcd.img' in config.sys freedos ramdisk driver..
Where i can set RAMDISK size?
In autoexec.bat is: "set ramsz=8192" .I increase it to 20480, but if type "set",
variable "ramsz" has 16384byte size and situation is the same as before.

RAMDISK IS FULL
15517 requred
18589 required(total)
12820 available

/freeDOS RAMDISK setings is in autoexec.bat??/

Setings RAMDISK size under DOS/config.sys/ is e.g:
device=A:\DOS\ramdrive.sys 20480 /E

Setings RAMDISK size under FreeDOS is??

//EDIT:

I create bootable nod32dos.iso, with DOS cd-drivers and 20MB ramdisk/using ramdrive.sys/
ISO is realy working/too in Virtual PC/
But mounting ISO to UBCD cause the drivers conflict between UBCD FreeDOS cd drivers and DOS cd drivers.My NOD-ISO drive is after boot not present and can´t therefore access NOD files from mounted iso/for copy to ramdisk./
Only is present 20mb RAMDRIVE created by DOS RAMDRIVE.SYS with files extracted from NOD ISO FDD botimage/ .
UBCD drive is visible, but not accesible by DOS/I can´t copy, edit, but files and directories on UBCD is visible - run,editing,copying any file from UBCD causes error reading/
Microsoft´s W98SE FINDCD.EXE(inside autoexec.bat) locate this nod-CD-iso(/win98/w98setup.bin is present on root of CD image), %cdrom% is set..., TEMP is set to C:\ ...but CD drive is not accesible(tested original/no original drivers(15) +symantec DOS-SATA driver gcdrom.sys..)

custom.cfg:
----------------
LABEL NOD32DOS
MENU NOD32 FOR DOS
TEXT HELP
NOD AV SCAN
ENDTEXT
LINUX /boot/syslinux/memdisk
INITRD /ubcd/custom/nod32DOS.iso
APPEND iso raw

Some ideas?

Victor Chew

#4 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:59 am

But mounting ISO to UBCD cause the drivers conflict between UBCD FreeDOS cd drivers and DOS cd drivers.
This cannot be so. When you boot your own ISO using memdisk, UBCD FreeDOS is not involved at all.
My NOD-ISO drive is after boot not present and can´t therefore access NOD files from mounted iso/for copy to ramdisk./
I suspect your NOD ISO is using floppy emulation mode, so after booting, your DOS driver is naturally unable to see the NOD ISO. However, it is still able to see UBCD because that's a physical CD drive.