How to, HDD, memory broken

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

reside

How to, HDD, memory broken

#1 Post by reside » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:52 pm

Hello!

this is my first time here so i want to ask 1 question
my work computer motherboard burned and with that when i turn computer on i get bluescreen errors, memory and HDD. Cant install new windows because of memory slots are broken. soo how i could get my info from HDD.. its, 640 GB sata II HDD but i got only extra laptop with 500 GB HDD .. any way how to transfer files from broken hdd into laptop using ultimate boot CD?.. i would like to get my work files from there.
thx.. any suggestions would be nice :)

jaylach

Re: How to, HDD, memory broken

#2 Post by jaylach » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:16 am

Personally I would just use an external hard drive enclosure and connect to the laptop.

I doubt that the drive in question being larger than the laptop drive is really an issue. What matters is how much data is on the drive, not the drive size.

StopSpazzing

Re: How to, HDD, memory broken

#3 Post by StopSpazzing » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 pm

jaylach wrote:Personally I would just use an external hard drive enclosure and connect to the laptop.

I doubt that the drive in question being larger than the laptop drive is really an issue. What matters is how much data is on the drive, not the drive size.

Exactly, and the HDD enclosure is a good idea. Should work prefectly and they are relativly cheap. Just make sure you get one that supports your drive....such as Sata or Pata.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.