first try, but fail

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

fisher

first try, but fail

#1 Post by fisher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm trying to use the boot cd, but on boot it hangs with the message that it can't find the .cfg file (screen says that configuration not found, or something like that). I guess this is probably easy to fix, maybe copying something from isolinux to the root, but I thought I'd ask. Any ideas on how to get the boot past this stage? (white text on black screen).

Thanks,

ady

Re: first try, but fail

#2 Post by ady » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Do you mean that you burn the CD and you get that message?

I would check the MD5 / SHA1 checksums of your ubcd503.ISO with the ones officially published.

If the checksums are OK, then try burning over a CD-RW or CD+RW using a standard speed ( 4x or 8X ).

For more details, read the UBCD Wiki.

fisher

Re: first try, but fail

#3 Post by fisher » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:11 pm

I guess it was typical- I had a system that needed some work- and I was scrambling around trying to install and use new tools.

Suffice to say that it was user error (PEBCAK). I finally did boot the CD, it appears that the initial ISO burn wasn't complete, though ISO burner thought it was complete. That's why the boot hung looking for a configuration file.
Once I retried ISO burner, and I got a good CD, there were no problems.

I ended up scrubbing the system and reinstalling the OS, just because it was less work than fixing all the broken bits.

Thank you for the great boot CD!

8)