Won't boot at all

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

eaglerockdude

Won't boot at all

#1 Post by eaglerockdude » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:47 am

I just bought the lastest ubcd. My computer would not boot at all...the DVD drive would flicker for a moment, then nothing.

I bought a new CD drive, but still same issue. I decided to try the UBCD.

The CD light flashes like its trying to read, but nothing happens.

I am not able to check the BIOS settings to see the boot settings because I can never get that far. Make sense? I never see any text or information on the screen.

Its a dell 1501 inspiron laptop.

Any ideas on what to try next?

ady

Re: Won't boot at all

#2 Post by ady » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:05 am

eaglerockdude wrote:I just bought the lastest ubcd.
I'm sorry to say, but you have been scammed. :evil: UBCD is free!!! You can only be charged for the media (CD/DVD/USB) and for the logostics, if you have ordered it.

If this is not the case, then try demanding your money back.
My computer would not boot at all...the DVD drive would flicker for a moment, then nothing.

I bought a new CD drive, but still same issue. I decided to try the UBCD.

The CD light flashes like its trying to read, but nothing happens.

I am not able to check the BIOS settings to see the boot settings because I can never get that far. Make sense? I never see any text or information on the screen.

Its a dell 1501 inspiron laptop.

Any ideas on what to try next?
Try searching the UBCD forum for similar problems. Try searching for help at Dell's website.

BTW, for access to the BIOS, if I remember correctly Dell usually uses <F2> or <DEL>. There is also a "diagnostics" option, with <F12> if I'm not wrong.

eaglerockdude

#3 Post by eaglerockdude » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 am

I did know it was free..but the only working computer i have was a windows 7 and when I downloaded the ISO or whatever it seems there was some issue about building it.

I needed the boot cd for a windows vista laptop..so i bought on ebay for 5 bucks...

Even though i changed the laptop to boot from the DVD, it does not..i do not get the utility window of the CD...

i get my normal windows boot up now.

ady

#4 Post by ady » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:20 am

eaglerockdude wrote:I did know it was free..but the only working computer i have was a windows 7 and when I downloaded the ISO or whatever it seems there was some issue about building it.
If you (tried) downloading from http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

then the download is an ISO image. That means you don't need to build anything. You use a (freeware) program to burn the ISO image (not as a file, but as an ISO image).

If you still have ubcd503.iso, then recheck the checksum with the ones at http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html

Code: Select all

[MD5] 6cf0f4ff7f11ad2d78058541831c4bcc 
[SHA1] 407fe935d942b3d14c85bf12415a37ce46b19c51
to confirm that the download is correct, or use the torrent option.
I needed the boot cd for a windows vista laptop..so i bought on ebay for 5 bucks...

Even though i changed the laptop to boot from the DVD, it does not..i do not get the utility window of the CD...
What exactly do you mean with "utility window"? You should see either a "boot:" prompt, where yo just press <enter>, or a simple UBCD menu with a black background. There is no "window".
i get my normal windows boot up now.
So at least the original boot problem is somehow solved. :)