Boots then almost nothing

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

obiwon

Boots then almost nothing

#1 Post by obiwon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:20 am

I followed the instruction from here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98xISjTyCaQhowever I used v5.03. :)

I have a HP computer with 8GB and New 1TB WD, X4 CPU and I just installed a New Mother Board and now I am having problem. Oh the power supply voltages look ok, or to me it does.

History:
Hard Drive went bad so I bought a new one. After buying the harddrive and installing it I found in the BIOS that the old MOB would not see the HardDrive all the time (once in a while) so I bought a replacement MOB. Now I can see everything however I can not boot from the CD/ DVD, at times it starts but then stops. Which lead me to try to boot from a USB Drive.

I have a Flash Drive installed like the link about and it does boot up. I can select Bios and see other options but that is it. If I want to test Memory or CPU I can not. Meaning if I click on either of those it will display a cursor below the boot menu and that is it. I can not type anything there or nothing. Its like it is kicked out?

Any Help is apprciated.

ady

Re: Boots then almost nothing

#2 Post by ady » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:58 pm

You are experiencing 2 irregular behaviors:
...found in the BIOS that the old MOB would not see the HardDrive all the time (once in a while)...
...CD/ DVD, at times it starts but then stops...
I may be wrong, but since you already changed your HDD and your motherboard, then that sounds like a power supply problem. You can test your power outlet with a simple tester if you have one. But your system's power supply is not so simple to test at home. Either take it to a technician for testing, or buy a new (good and adequate) one.

Since the link you posted is not working for me, I can't take into account any of the other things you mentioned.

obiwon

#3 Post by obiwon » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Since the link you posted is not working for me, I can't take into account any of the other things you mentioned.

Sorry I should have caught that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX6BHnefIms :oops:

I have checked the power supply with a fluke meter and all seems fine, but that does not mean that under load it does not have issues. Do you or anyone have any other suggestions? Shouldn't the UBSD from USB work so I can at least test Memory, CPU and so on or do you think that is the main reason that it is not continuing on?

Steve

StopSpazzing

#4 Post by StopSpazzing » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Can you list the hardware of the computer or give the HP model number? Please include your video card and wattage of your PSU.

Could be a bad download...but as ady states, if random things start happening, typically it leads to the PSU. Can you swap it out for another one to test if that fixes the problem?

Please make sure you check the MD5/SHA1 located on the download page with your download to make sure you have an exact copy before burning.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.