prompting me for a password -i think it is the bios passwor

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

kfriel50

prompting me for a password -i think it is the bios passwor

#1 Post by kfriel50 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Will I be able to use the UBCD to get in and change the bios password? Yesterday i turned my laptop on and now it is asking for a password. This is not the wndows password, I think it may be the bios password. I do not need to get into the bios to change anything I just want to log on to the machine.

Does anyone know if this will work?

ady

Re: prompting me for a password -i think it is the bios pass

#2 Post by ady » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:25 pm

kfriel50 wrote:I think it may be the bios password. I do not need to get into the bios to change anything I just want to log on to the machine.

Does anyone know if this will work?
If you don't know if this is the BIOS password (or maybe a built-in HDD password, or some security feature of the laptop), then anyone can know how/if it is possible to solve this.

You have not mentioned the exact model of the laptop, but in any case, I would recommend to get in contact with the specific laptop’s support (forum?) to ask for advice (and maybe to know what exactly is happening and why).

FWIW, laptops usually have additional security features, which make the passwords' recovery or passwords' breaking much more difficult (and usually useless).