autorun UBCD booting problem

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

ddrwizard86

autorun UBCD booting problem

#1 Post by ddrwizard86 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:57 pm

i will try to make this short..

I checked my verison of my ubcd iso before burning
burned my iso
set cdrom to boot first
tried to boot to the cd
nothing happens

After this i put the cd in another computer to check out the files and inside the autorun.inf i only see ShellExecute=ubcd\website\index.html and the path to the icon file.. shouldn't that autorun be pointing to some exec for booting UBCD? im stuck at this point

StopSpazzing

Re: autorun UBCD booting problem

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Please use the link in my sign to verify the MD5 Sum first.

Next, you may need to force your computer to boot the CD. Most newer motherboards let you select the boot medium, when the bios splash screen is shown. This is when the computer boots up and normally tells you to press some key to get into BIOS. For ex. mine is f8, and gives me options to boot from HDD's, CDrom/DVDrom, or USB drive if I have it plugged in. Select the CD/DVD drive and see if that does it for you.

P.S. next time don't double post. Prevents us from helping you sooner because we having to delete multiple posts before we reply.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

ddrwizard86

#3 Post by ddrwizard86 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Wasn't sure my first post went through my apologies. I did the md5 and it is correct my CD rom is set to boot first but I never get the press any key prompt. I even went into boot menu and manually pressed optical drive to boot and it doesn't

StopSpazzing

#4 Post by StopSpazzing » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:44 pm

I would try a reburn of the disc on a slower speed. Could be a bad burn.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

ddrwizard86

#5 Post by ddrwizard86 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:00 pm

will try right now

ady

#6 Post by ady » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:06 pm

First, if your MD5/SHA1 is correct, you may try to verify if your burned media is correct. For example, in ImgBurn you use the "Verify" option from the EZ-mode. Other burning tools have some equivalent function to recheck the CD against the original ISO image. If you need to re-burn your CD, try using a standard 4x burning speed.
ddrwizard86 wrote:After this i put the cd in another computer to check out the files and inside the autorun.inf i only see ShellExecute=ubcd\website\index.html and the path to the icon file.. shouldn't that autorun be pointing to some exec for booting UBCD? im stuck at this point
The title of this topic says "autorun UBCD booting problem". Which exactly is the problem? The autoexec.inf is correct. The autoexec.inf file serves you when you insert the CD under Windows only. It is meaningless when booting with UBCD.

ddrwizard86

#7 Post by ddrwizard86 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:51 pm

burning the disc at a slower speed totally worked! thanks!!!!