Chipset Unknown error??

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the latest beta of Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

domesnturf

Chipset Unknown error??

#1 Post by domesnturf » Wed May 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Ok, so I've been using the UBCD v5.0.3 with my new server. I'm looking to set it up as test box. I've installed ESXi 3.5 on the system. That install had issues and I'm looking to basically wipe the drive, start over and install ESXi to a internal USB. Previously before the install of ESXi 3.5 I used UBCD n fdisk to delete / remove the partitions before the install and have them created during install. Because although the install said it completed correctly, a few services wouldn't start thus the start over. I'm attempting to wipe the disk and in doing so, each time fdisk loads or any of the other HDD tools, it gets the following message and stops. "The chipset is unknown!" Also see image link.

Server:
HP Proliant ML110 G6
Intel Xeon
4g RAM

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j34 ... /photo.jpg

Steps:
1. Inserted UBCD
2. booted up
3. hit enter to start UBCD
4. selected HDD then
5. select Boot Partition (yes not fdisk, but fdisk worked before. I've actually tried XFDISK, SPFDISK, and other all doing the same thing.)

Anyone point me in the direction for help on this or what I need to do in order to allow UBCD to run again and partion/format the disk?

thanks,

ady

Re: Chipset Unknown error??

#2 Post by ady » Wed May 11, 2011 3:42 pm

domesnturf wrote:I'm looking to basically wipe the drive, start over and install ESXi to a internal USB.

5. select Boot Partition (yes not fdisk, but fdisk worked before. I've actually tried XFDISK, SPFDISK, and other all doing the same thing.)
The picture you attached shows the problem. Whichever the type of port/motherboard/card you are using to connect the HDD to, is not being recognized, so no matter the program ( (X / SP) FDISK), there is no way to communicate with the HDD.

I don't know for sure if I understood correctly the type of port where the HDD is connected, but for wiping and/or partitioning it, that shouldn't be relevant in the current situation.

Using UBCD503, select PartedMagic in the boot menu. Using PMagic you should be able to recognize the connection and the HDD, so to wipe it and partition it as you wish.