Simple sound/audio check?

Post your suggestions here if there are new features or applications that you would like added to the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

rfg

Simple sound/audio check?

#1 Post by rfg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:06 pm

Maybe this has been addressed already, but....

I'm checking out a new mini system that i just purchased, used, off FleaBay, and everything seems to be working OK so far, except I'm not too sure yet about the green 3.5mm speaker/headphone output port. There may be a problem there.

I booted up an old USB stick that I had lying around that had UBCD 5.3.7 on it, and after hunting around in the menus, I don't see any tool that would just let me check the speaker output(s). Did I just miss it? If not, this would be a Nice Thing to add to future versions of UBCD. It wouldn't need to be anything fancy... just something to make the two speakers go "beep" or something. (And now that I'm thinking abut it, it would be nice too if there was also an additional such tool which would make those little motherboard-attached micro speakers beep or something, just so users could check to see their motherboard micro speakers are at least minimally working.)

Tanker_5455

Re: Simple sound/audio check?

#2 Post by Tanker_5455 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:32 am

Hi everyone,

Has this function been implemented yet? I haven't found it, is it because it's absent or because I'm a newbie?

ady

#3 Post by ady » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:06 pm

In a BIOS (not UEFI) system, boot UBCD -> fdubcd -> at the FreeDOS/fdubcd command prompt, type-in "beep" and press [Enter].

Tanker_5455

#4 Post by Tanker_5455 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:40 am

Great, I tried it and it works perfectly, thanks!