It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:07 pm 

Hi,
sorry, I couldn't find the answer: I'm trying to burn with K3B on Ubuntu, and it asks for harddisk or no-emulation, and says that there is no floppy image on UBCD iso.
What I'm supposed to choose?
TIA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:14 am 

Please clarify. Are you trying to burn the original ISO image? Or, are you trying to burn a customized ISO image? Or, are you trying to build a new customized ISO image and then burn it to optical media?

The question about the "El Torito" emulation mode (floppy/hdd/no-emul) is relevant when you are building a new bootable ISO image. If you already have a bootable ISO image (ubcd*.iso), then the question should not be relevant.

Just FYI, ubcd5*.iso images are built with no-emulation mode. Yet, again, it should not be relevant for the burning procedure of the ISO image.

If you want to burn an already-made ISO image (ubcd*.ISO), then you have to choose the relevant option ("burn ISO image" or similar) in your burning program.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:28 am 

ady wrote:
Please clarify. Are you trying to burn the original ISO image?

Yes, I do.
I burned it on Brasero/Ubuntu (no asked me at all about emulation), on K3B/Ubuntu (asked me) and on other machine - Win 10 - with FreeIsoBurner...
All 5 or 6 CDs could not be used to boot two different PCs, one on a ASUS M4A78T-E (the older BIOS POST schema) (Ubuntu Machine) and the other in a ASUS M5A99X EVO (EFI-aware) (Windows 10).
I could only boot by CD on this ASUS M4A78T-E with a Partition Assistant 5.5 boot CD (and solved the problem that I had, that was redimensioning partitions), but could not boot with a Partition Assistant 6.1 boot CD made the same way...
And, except by the first one, I burned on the minimum possible velocity... I'll try those CDs on other machines.
And thanks for the clarification.