isolinux checklist error

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Kim Hoftvedt

isolinux checklist error

#1 Post by Kim Hoftvedt » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:59 pm

hey.
i have used the older 3.4 ubcd (or something simmular) for ages now for work. i'm a computer tecnichan at the local computer store, and the ubcd have allways been very help full.. though

with the old ubcd, i have never had any problem with adding files to the iso image, like installation exe files that i could run from windows. i have had lots of diferent test programs, installations etc for running in windoes, and i liked to have it on the same disk as ubcd (even though they got nothing to do with eachother).

even after adding more then 2 gig to the old iso image, and burning it on a did i still havn't had any problems with the ubcd it self.

but now that ubcd 4 is out i get a problem.. once i add the same files (none of these have anything to do with the ubcd, and only there for running in windows) i get an error message when trying to the ubcd4:

isolinux checklist error. sorry...

so how do i solv this? :(

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:45 am

How are you adding the files? Using some 3rd party software, or good old "mkisofs"?

Kim Hoftvedt

#3 Post by Kim Hoftvedt » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:13 am

i'm using magicISO.

open the iso file, drag and drop my files into it.

i tried adding my own .img file for the costum menu thing, but had the same problem then.

Victor Chew

#4 Post by Victor Chew » Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:31 am

Can't help you then.

Try using 'mkisofs' as described on the UBCD customization page if you can't find a solution.

nls

#5 Post by nls » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:22 am

pity, many people use different tools and the new boot loader is very stupid...

we can't touch it

I hope the author considers (yet) another boot loader...
---
NLS