[AMD x64 Dual Core Architecture] Does UBC Work?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

haunted85

[AMD x64 Dual Core Architecture] Does UBC Work?

#1 Post by haunted85 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:23 am

UBC works despite the OS installed on my machine. That's ok. Got it. What if I have AMD processor x64 Dual Core? Does it still work?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Constance

Re: [AMD x64 Dual Core Architecture] Does UBC Work?

#2 Post by Constance » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:10 am

haunted85 wrote:UBC works despite the OS installed on my machine. That's ok. Got it. What if I have AMD processor x64 Dual Core? Does it still work?

Thanks for your replies in advance.
At least some apps didn't seem to work when I tried on such a system a while ago : I couldn't run Partition Saving ...
Can't do tests on it though, it's a friend's machine and I don't see her often enough :(
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

haunted85

Some or all

#3 Post by haunted85 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:16 am

Some apps or the whole CD does not work? Have you successfully used apps from the UBC on that architecture?

Thanks you.

Constance

#4 Post by Constance » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 am

I only tried to run Partition Saving and something failed before loading it, if I remember correctly it was while booting the FreeDOS floppy image which loads it ... so I guess all apps that are loaded using the same image would proabably fail too.
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.

Constance

#5 Post by Constance » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:12 am

tech.kyle wrote:The AMD Athlon, Sempron, and Opteron series processors should execute any 16, 32, or 64 bit operation without any problems whatsoever.

I would assume that the Ultimate Boot CD runs in 16 or 32 bit. If you're having troubles, check the hash on the ISO you downloaded and re-download if necessary.
The hash is good, and the CD I burnt worked fine on another computer before and after ...
tech.kyle wrote:I have one painfully obvious question to ask though..
Did you restart your computer and boot from the CD? (Or are you trying to launch the programs off the CD from inside Windows?)
I'm not such a noob ...
tech.kyle wrote:Also, what version of Windows do you have?
Completely useless question, since the CD boots by itself. Anyway if you really want to know, my friends' machine has WinXP Home/SP2 installed.

In fact I suspect it might be some issue with her BIOS, as we have the same motherboard but her has an earlier BIOS revision. Also, I upgraded to a dual core too recently (Athlon 64 X2 4200+ replacing Athlon 64 3500+) and didn't experience the problem either with the same CD.