Apps fail to load: decompression "crc" error

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Killer Bee123

Apps fail to load: decompression "crc" error

#1 Post by Killer Bee123 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:27 pm

Hello, my windows xp kind of got a virus and will not boot (i knew, even though it for some reason will not access the internet, that this would happen eventually...). I am doing things through my ubuntu hard drive, and both hard drives are sata disks. I have succesfully written the 4.1.1 iso to a cd, and then again (with another download source) to make sure UBCD had proper integrity. The cd will boot fine, allow me to navigate menus, but when i attempt to run any programs, it fails. The final final line of the error message reads "Decompression error" crc error". Before that it talks about ramdisk loading being alright, along with numerical pseudo-gibberish (to me :wink: ). I would really like to get rid of this virus, and obviously cannot run any exe files in ubuntu to build some annoying attempt at a live cd through bart pe or another thing. You guys appear to have the only free bootable virus scanner i have found. Any help would be appreciated.

ps: i went halfheartedly looking through bios to see about a "compatibility" or other alternate mode for my sata drives. no luck. its an a8n-sli motherboard with ~1082 bios revision, if i remember correctly.

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:33 pm

First thing I would do is run memtest86 or memtest86+ to check the ram - bad ram=bad ram drive.

Then I would check the integrity of the CD/DVD drive.. You can also check the integrity of the CD in another machine to make sure it's booting correctly in another machine..

Oki

#3 Post by Oki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:01 am

I have the same exact problem, tried it on normal working pc