Int15.sys driver error on Acer notebook

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

matz0039

Int15.sys driver error on Acer notebook

#1 Post by matz0039 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:52 pm

I was curious if anyone knows if the Ultimate Boot CD with help me fix the problem with Acer notebook computer? I am running Windows Vista.

It appears that the int15.sys driver was deleted from my computer and now the machine is unable to boot up, even in safe mode. The Acer support folks say my only option is to pay someone to pull the information off of my hard drive, reformat (or recover, as they say), and then move everything back over. This will cost me about $100 and when the computer was only $400 and new two months ago, I don't want to spend more money on this thing.

From what I understand the int.sys driver is used as part of their eRecovery program but is very similar to a spyware or adware file. Therefore, when I was running Webroot's Window Washer program it deleted the driver. It seems like this may be an Acer specific driver and as such may not be contained on the Ultimate Boot CD.

Would anyone know if this CD will work for me, and if not, could point me in another direction to repair/reinstall that driver.

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:55 am

Probably the file int.sys is backed up in your Quarantine directory. So you can try to copy it to c:\program files\acer\erecovery\int15.sys with the filemanager in UBCD.

Else you can try "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" (it is included in UBCD).
Choose the registry editor function. Delete the following keys.

Code: Select all

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Int15    Int 15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\int15     int15
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\int15.sys     nt15.sys
http://www.runscanner.net/process.aspx?p=int15.sys
I am not sure that the last solution will, solve your problem.