tearing my hair out... please help!

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

bunglehaze

tearing my hair out... please help!

#1 Post by bunglehaze » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi folks, for some reason unknown to me I just cannot figure out what I am supposed to be doing with this program and its adding years to my life...

I am a linux user that wants (well needs) to simply flash my motherboard bios as it has the stupid version that will not recognise all my ram, so I did some reading and was suggested UBCD as the be all and end all of apps to do this.

Firstly I only have a SATA DVD drive, not sure if this makes a difference, I really dont want to have to buy a floppy drive just for this job.

So, I have the binary, I have the flash utility, I even have the .bat file to automate the thing... where on earth do I put this if I have to add it to the disc or if not how on earth do I access my dvd drive to open up the files if I burn them to another disc, I have had a variety of attempts but so far I just cant see what I am supposed to be doing and now I am completely bald, a quivering wreck of my forner self... please please help me end this insanity.

regards

leigh :D

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Your best bet is to create a customized UBCD image with the BIOS flashing EXE located in \DOSAPPS.

Then burn the customized image to CDRW, boot up and launch FreeDOS, then change directory to \DOSAPPS on the CD and run the EXE.