My laptop's BIOS is not working anymore. I'm totally lost.

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Andy1369

My laptop's BIOS is not working anymore. I'm totally lost.

#1 Post by Andy1369 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Okay, to make a long story short, I wanted to move a few certain files from my hard drive to my external hard drive without having to reinstall XP (since it wasn't installed, and my hard drive letters were messed up, and I wanted to just start afresh), so I installed UBCD, booted from the CD, and went through some of the tools (hard drive partitioning tools), but didn't come up with anything successful. I don't know what I did (but I must have done something), because now my laptop computer can't boot up from anything but the floppy hard drive. In the BIOS, it is showing only the floppy drive (a few times) under the boot options - the CD-ROM drive and the hard drive has disappeared, and I have no clue what to do. My laptop is essentially dead.

Please help me out. Thank you - I appreciate any help. :) But, ASAP if possible.

Andrew

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:40 pm

Are the hard disk and CD drive listed at all? Not in the boot menu but other area? If not - see if it will autodetect the drives and if it does, then it should show in boot devices. If it's not, you may have to manually set the drive type in the BIOS. If you can dis-connect the drives and re-connect - try that and see if it helps...

Also, what is the make/model of the laptop so others may be able to help further..

Andy1369

#3 Post by Andy1369 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Nevermind, I was able to fix it myself by resetting my BIOS battery. Thanks anyway! :)