CD Burned properly but doesn't work

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

matt2037

CD Burned properly but doesn't work

#1 Post by matt2037 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:44 am

I have downloaded the ISO file and burned it to a CDR. When I tried booting up the computer (CD drive as primary boot device) nothing happens. I have looked at the files on the CD and there appears to be quite a few files that might do the job, but the auto run gives me the choice of looking at the files on the cd or running the html docs, which is the UBCD website.

I have burned the disk properly, but it's still not working. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks,

Matt

Victor Chew

#2 Post by Victor Chew » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:11 am

Could you elaborate a little more about what you mean by "nothing happens"?

I was wondering if you missed UBCD's startup prompt and it went on to boot your HDD instead.

The startup prompt is a single liner that looks like:

Code: Select all

Press [Enter] to boot the UBCD...

boot:

matt2037

#3 Post by matt2037 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:25 am

Sorry, it was me being a div. I made another disk and it seems to work fine. Still don't really know much about how to use the disk and what I can do with it.

I actually purchased the original disk from ebay (mug) which said that it will clean and repair my registry and all sorts. It doesn't actually appear to do anything like that at all and I was wondering if there is a free program thatr anyone knows of which will clean and repair my registry. I just scanned my computer with a free trial and there is over 1000 problems. Have to pay to fix though.

I do think that the UBCD is excellent. Although I don't understand yet how to use it properly, I have already managed to fix a pc with it. That same pc had been put into a shop for repair (windows wouldn't start) and it came back un-fixed. They said it needed a new motherboard. I managed to fix it with UBCD. Well impressed.

Anyway, does anyone know of that program which will sort my registry for free?

fartash

how

#4 Post by fartash » Thu May 08, 2008 11:04 am

you said you managed to fix a pc how did you do that when you dont know how to use ubcd i am also new to ubcd so just want to know how it can help
thanks