Including non image files?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Solaris17

Including non image files?

#1 Post by Solaris17 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Hey guys im pretty new here,but iv been using ubcd for ages...i frequent techpowerup.com and i make diagnostic disks for ppl to help them during reformats and getting their system back up and running :) at anyrate iv always included ubcd in my versions however id like to make my next utility cd bootable...and id like ubcd to be what boots up....however on top oif that...i want to include a folder with all of my programs in it..so when ppl boot into windows thay can explore the cd and access them so these files will not be images...now iv downlaoded the ubcd uncompressed the iso added the files and made allt he files an iso again however the cd wont boot up after this...i even put the files in the Web folder and the extras folder etc...and it still wont boot i also figuresd it was a problem with the .ini because now my files are on their so it wouldnt be valid...but i cant find were the ini is or even what file it is i need to edit can anyone help me out?...i simply want to add 1 folder with a bunch of stuff in it...but i want the computer to boot the ubcd :) thank you very much.

Constance

#2 Post by Constance » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:34 am

I think you didn't use UBCD2ISO to build the image before burning it, that's probably why it doesn't boot.
Hammerite Compendium of Precepts, Regimens and Rules of Conduct, Vol. 113 :
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.
Be not cautious - be correct.

Solaris17

#3 Post by Solaris17 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:27 am

well iv ran that .bat and all i get is a prompt that says hit enter to continue..i hit enter and it closes leaving no files anyware any ideas?

Constance

#4 Post by Constance » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:45 am

Solaris17 wrote:well iv ran that .bat and all i get is a prompt that says hit enter to continue..i hit enter and it closes leaving no files anyware any ideas?
Didn't it give you explanations about the syntax to use ? :hmm:
A stroke of thy chisel, once made, canst be undone, but a stroke thou dost not make from fear is a worse flaw.

Solaris17

#5 Post by Solaris17 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:47 am

well yes but i cant type anything without the screen disappering...what should i do? modify the .bat properties to incluse the paramiters or? thnx for all your help man your really making this an enjoyable experiance :)

Constance

#6 Post by Constance » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:09 am

Just open a command line interpreter (typically cmd.exe or command.com) and you'll be able to run the command with parameters ^^

I'm surprised you don't know how to do that, considering what you said in your first post oO

Solaris17

#7 Post by Solaris17 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:13 am

well i know how to do such things but im running vista x64 so i figured it was a problem with compatability and since alot of my coding problems are compatability issues i had just assumed this was the case and was wondering if their was a work around ill give this a go thanky ou very much.

Solaris17

#8 Post by Solaris17 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:31 am

well iv gotten it into a reaguklar command prompt and it looks like this

Code: Select all

E:Downloads\ubcd411\tools\ubcd2iso\ubcd2iso.bat -Y c:ubcd

"ENTER"

<error> file mkisofs cannot be found

e:

however mkisofs is infact their any idea why this isnt working?

Constance

#9 Post by Constance » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:41 am

I believe you must run the bat from inside the directory where it actually is, not type the path to it to reach it from another.

Solaris17

#10 Post by Solaris17 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:10 am

tried that comes up witha prompt showing all the options etc than it says press any key to continue so i press a key and the cmd line closes....i cant even type anything....perhaps the reason it closes is because it cant find mkisofs eaither?

hmm well it isnt the x64 Os thats doing it it also wont work on my VM.

The Piney

#11 Post by The Piney » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:41 am

From e: prompt..

type " cd Downloads\ubcd411\tools\ubcd2iso\"

then type " ubcd2iso e:\Downloads\ubcd411 e:\Downloads\ubcd411\ubcd.iso

This should work.. the ubcd.iso can be named whatever you want..ie ubcd411.iso etc...

Solaris17

#12 Post by Solaris17 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:44 pm

ok thnx man ill try that

EDIT you are a god thank you very much time to start makin stuff :)