HELP! UBCD QUESTIONS!

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

LannerFalcon

HELP! UBCD QUESTIONS!

#1 Post by LannerFalcon » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:31 pm

Could someone please help me out on this?

Question:
1. I like to know whether you can UBCD to boot up so in the menu you can enter into dos and run programs from your USB stick? Is this automatic or do you need other settings for this to happen? Can you let me know what you need to do? I heard it is complicated?

Is this all you need to do?
http://www.edugeek.net/wiki/index.php/T ... -_Method_2

1b. Can you load the USB even if it has other things on it? Or does it need to be free from other things? And only have UBCD files?

2. If you can boot up with UBCD so easily then would it be easy loading UBCD from a USB stick if BIOS does not have this option?

2b. Can you load UBCD in the beginning and let it load it in the menu and then restart and then the UBCD will finally load?

3. I read that using USB for UBCD is already in the settings so does that mean that if I plug it in my USB UBCD will load?

Thanks if you can help me!!
Falcon..

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:01 am

Question 1:
Do you want to run additional programs in dos? All other dos programs on the UBCD CD can be run by selecting the item in the menus.
You can try to setup a virtual machine like VirtualBox, Qemu, VMware,... in which you can play with the UBCD iso to see how it works without wasting a CD or without risk to damage you pc.

Is this all you need to do?
http://www.edugeek.net/wiki/index.php/T ... -_Method_2
Yes

1b. Other files are allowed on the USB drive,but when UBCD is installed on it and I copy some extra files on it. It sometimes happens that the stick isn't bootable any more so you have to make it bootable again.

2. If your BIOS doesn't support booting from a USB stick, you can't boot from it. But if you boot from the UBCD CD, you can use your USB stick as storage drive or you can add programs to it, which you can run manually. Althougt making a customised cd will be a better choise in that case.

2b. I don't understand what you mean. Try the iso out in a virtual machine and see it for yourself.

3.If you followed the guide from question 1 and if your BIOS supports it, UBCD will load. If you burn the iso to a CD and you run UBCD from it, you can access your USB drive to read from and write files to it.