IBM / Hitachi Feature Tool v2.05 -> v2.09

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Spikey

IBM / Hitachi Feature Tool v2.05 -> v2.09

#1 Post by Spikey » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:41 am

Hi all,
I notice that the IBM/Hitachi Feature Tool has gone up in issue from v2.05 to v2.09. I'm sure you will upddate your CD sometime, but the question I have is that by using a copy of the CD contents on a hard drive (or the Iso file in lzarc) , is it possible to replace the older version with the latest version and then re-burn it to a disc?

In which case... Where is it, as I cannot find it. The tools name is FTOOL.EXE on the latest version or was it a different name in v2.05?

Thanks anyway for an amazing toolset!

-Spikey

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:38 pm

images/ibmft.igz

You should be able to replace the files within the IMG file and then rename in the CFG file or recompress back into a IGZ file.

Edit: I did the update and ran it in VirtualBox and it seems to be running fine. I don't have any Hitachi drives so no testing done except to see that it starts and shows correct version.

Easy way to do it is:

Create the floppy using the download -> Ftool-ver209.exe

Create an image (.img) file from the floppy using an imaging program - I used "Floppy Image 1.52

Compress the file into a .igz file - I use gzip with a -9 switch.

Hope that helps..

Spikey

#3 Post by Spikey » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:01 am

Well I tried.... I borrowed an external floppy drive from work, hunted for a floppy disk, started it off on my Vista64 machine and.... nothing, failed... Gah!

I think its to do with no legacy support on 8bit? Anyway, could you kindly zip up send me the file you made? I can pm you my email addy.

Thanks for the response though

Regards

-spikey