change settings for ultimate boot cd.

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

bootie

change settings for ultimate boot cd.

#1 Post by bootie » Thu May 29, 2008 11:07 am

hi,
could you please help me change the settings/options of the ubcd? each time the ubcd is put in, i have to press F8 button first to begin booting process. if no button is pressed the process will begin automatically after 5 mins.
can the settings be changed that boot process begins automatically after 1 or 2 mins? thank you.

cheers,
bootie

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Thu May 29, 2008 11:50 am

If the CD drive is selected in BIOS to boot first it will usually post a message to press enter to boot and if not pressed will boot to the hard drive. If you press the enter is will usually boot immediately to the menu... Are you using UBCD (DOS) or UBCD4Win?

bootie

#3 Post by bootie » Thu May 29, 2008 1:21 pm

The Piney wrote:If the CD drive is selected in BIOS to boot first it will usually post a message to press enter to boot and if not pressed will boot to the hard drive. If you press the enter is will usually boot immediately to the menu... Are you using UBCD (DOS) or UBCD4Win?
using 4win. i will try to press enter immediately and then check the menu. thank u so far. but there is no "message to press enter" as far as i know.
as soon as cd is put in a window opens and you have to select what kind of thing you want to do. in my case it's button F8 for boot.
if nothing is done than it starts to boot after 5 mins but i would like to wait only a minute.

The Piney

#4 Post by The Piney » Thu May 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Check out the UBCD4Win forum for info on that -> http://ubcd4win.com/forum

The delay is usually only set to 30 seconds..

You can find that in bcdw_base.ini under

"MenuTimer = 30 ; Timer delay in seconds"

It should then default to the "Launch "The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows" entry.

bootie

#5 Post by bootie » Thu May 29, 2008 1:47 pm

The Piney wrote:Check out the UBCD4Win forum for info on that -> http://ubcd4win.com/forum

The delay is usually only set to 30 seconds..

You can find that in bcdw_base.ini under

"MenuTimer = 30 ; Timer delay in seconds"

It should then default to the "Launch "The Ultimate Boot CD for Windows" entry.
hi,
due to many topics cannot find any infos at http://ubcd4win.com/forum.
could you explain how to set timer to 30 secs?

The Piney

#6 Post by The Piney » Thu May 29, 2008 1:54 pm

If you haven't changed it - It should be at 30 seconds.

I'm guessing this is a BIOS thing on your system.. When you press the F8 is that on your system to bring up the boot device? If so, go into your BIOS and see what the boot order is set to.. If the CD is not set to "First" then set it that way...

If it's still not working, I'm not sure what's going on.. Post a bit more info. about the system and what's going on... I have 1 system that takes quite a while to read CDs so it seems to take a while to start booting.. Could be a similar issue..

This forum is for the DOS/Linux version of UBCD so it's not really the best place to post for info..

bootie

#7 Post by bootie » Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 pm

The Piney wrote:If you haven't changed it - It should be at 30 seconds.

I'm guessing this is a BIOS thing on your system.. When you press the F8 is that on your system to bring up the boot device? If so, go into your BIOS and see what the boot order is set to.. If the CD is not set to "First" then set it that way...

If it's still not working, I'm not sure what's going on.. Post a bit more info. about the system and what's going on... I have 1 system that takes quite a while to read CDs so it seems to take a while to start booting.. Could be a similar issue..

This forum is for the DOS/Linux version of UBCD so it's not really the best place to post for info..
okay didn't know about that.
yes if F8 is pressed then it starts to boot hard disk. the thing is that if nothing is pressed then it takes 5 mins for starting to boot hard disk. really no big problem but i would like to change that into 1 minute.
it's more comfortable to switch the computer on, go to the kitchen and come back in a few minutes and computer is ready for internet connection and so on.
at the moment it's as follows: computer switched on,
have to press "esc" to stop endless memory count, and then press F8 to boot hard disk (ubcd must be put in before switchin computer on).
i'm too lazy to press F8 each time at the beginning.

Icecube

#8 Post by Icecube » Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 am

Press DEL, F1 or another key when you start up your pc (look at your screen to see which key to press to get into the bios.
Once you are in the bios, edit the boot sequence. Set "boot from first hard drive" as option 1. (It depends on your bios, but it can be that you have to go to advanced setting). Save your changes (F10?).

Now your pc will boot directly from your first hard drive. If you want to boot form a bootable cd, press F8 and select "boot from CDROM".

bootie

#9 Post by bootie » Fri May 30, 2008 4:35 am

okay. thanks.

cheers,
bootie