Problem, help me pls

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

thurisaz

Problem, help me pls

#1 Post by thurisaz » Sat May 31, 2008 8:02 am

Hi,
i've a problem with a notebook (an hp pavilion entertainment dv6000), i updated the bios driver and, after it shuts down, it cant enter in windows (xp) and will appear a blu screen for few seconds, i tried to enter in other ways but nothing, i cant enter in dos mode too.
I tried to do the recovery from the cd, but it wont find the hard disk, i used ultimate boot cd to recovery hard disk but it is the same "dido not find hard disk drive".
What happened? pls help me, thanx

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Sat May 31, 2008 10:34 am

Look in your BIOS and see if your Hard drive is visible there (see if you can find the name of your Hard drive).

What do you mean with a bios driver? Did you flash the bios?

thurisaz

#3 Post by thurisaz » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 am

yes, after flashing bios, it shuts down and wont work (it saved the old bios backup but i cant recovery, cause ultimate boot says "did not find hard disk drive").
The bios dyagnosis found the drive, but the boot disk not (i tried to do the scandisk-like utilities)

Icecube

#4 Post by Icecube » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:43 am

When you try to boot the hard drive (xp), is there any error message on the screen (write it down if there is any). Do you get the message directly when you try to boot? If the blue screen is from windows xp, the hard drive can be accessed else it can't display the message.
Write everything down (as far as possible) what you see at your screen, from the moment that you boot your pc and post it.

Normally if your bios can see the drive, other programs must see it also normally.

Try to boot your windows xp installation cd with the recovery option to see if it finds your hard drive.
You can try to burn an iso of 'Puppy linux" to see if your hard drive can't really be accessed.

yana224

#5 Post by yana224 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Hey why don’t you try http://www.diskemergency.com .It will definitely help you. It is one of the best data recovery service provider. I think you should go through this atleast once.