new user. CPU test error

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

hogie2

new user. CPU test error

#1 Post by hogie2 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 am

Hello. Im brand new with UBCD. I have a newer machine. About 3 years old. An asus a8n32sli deluxe with an AMD 4800 cpu.

Anyway, the last few months happening gradualy, Sometimes the machine would stick. Mouse wouldnt move for a bit, and if music was playing stick on the same note for a bit and sometimes lock up too. Till now, in Vista 64 bit OS, it mostly locks up tight right from the start. Only way out is a power down. I thought OS but when I boot up in XP on another partition, It does the same thing but not as sever. Takes forever to load a game.

First thing I did was try my memory sticks in a friends machine. They worked fine.

Then I learned about ultimate boot CD. I tryed the full CPU test in the main board section. It went thru what seemed like 3 or 4 pages of stuff, then As as it turned to Linux, I errord with:

"attempt to access beyond end of device" a bunch of times then "segmentation failure" I tryed scroll lock to try and move up more more but that activated something else so.....

It did pass the first CPU test, well never errored anyway.

Is my CPU toast?

Any help appreciated.