It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Sasser Worm checkmates my computer
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:47 am 

Someone is improving the Sasser worm. My windows 2000 did the old "Lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly code 128". Using Vista I slaved the drive but got nowhere with installing back up files. Most file fixers in UBCD don't work and when I try to change to the C drive it switches right back the A drive, same with another version of Boot CDs (the one on Ebay with the Windows logo). If I use the Boot CD to go straight to the Setup file using my original Windows CD it then thinks I have an XP and won't allow going "back to Windows 2000" and disables the set up. Same with any other alternative to getting straight to the Windows 2000 CD. If I use an original 2000 boot disk then NTKRNLMP.exe can't load code 7. Confirmed it's not a ram problem and it's most likely not a bios problem. I THINK that if I had a 2000 only UBCD perhaps it would allow for a reinstall and as long as it's not referring to the ntkrnlmp.exe file. I tried a 98 boot disk and then it says not 32 bit partitioned harddrive and I'm sure that it is. When I use NTFS for Dos I change to the C drive and it changes right back after showing the C drive for a half second, all DOS disks do that. I was able to run ErrorSmart and fix up the registry. I reinstalled Lsass.exe. I reinstalled the System, Software, Sam, Security and Default files from the Repair file. Still nothing works. I think the Sasser creator has seen that people get around it by using Boot disks in the past and has now improved so you can't . It probably is my computer/worm sending your disk a false message that I have XP. Today I might nuke the HD unless you guys think you can improve too to beat this jerky problem. Oh yes, I have the latest SP4 and did a Microsoft update 2 weeks before.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]