Hi guys, thanks for the help so far. Iam reasonably PC literate but am stumped as to ho to get the Win(xp) drive mounted for mcafee to scan. This is what Iam doing so far (V4.1.1 of UBCD).
1) Boot from USB. Ok.
2) Pick Other Tools & Antivirus Tools then Mcafee
3)Image boot starts (choose option 1 UMBPCI (Optimal)
4) Running APSIUSB Panel appears - leave to default (not installed)
5) Running CD-Rom Panel - Leave to default
6) ASPI SCSI Support pannel - Leave to default
7) Keyb panel - Leave default (us)
Install DOSLFN - Default - not installed
9) Install Ntfs, Config - x-Install NTFS(Read only), (X- Drive letter), (4096 XMS), (x-unicode filenames),(x Disable compression, extendd int 13 support), (X verbose)
Message mounting NTFS partition (0x81:1) as drive X
10) FdAPM - default
11) Starting UBCD App Mcafee Panel. enter OK
Following messages on screen
Mcafee VirusSCAN for DOS/PM v4.40.0
12) after approx 90 sec get the following
Checking memory for viruses ... is OK.
Then everything stops / hangs.
I cannot enter commands, check directorys etc.. so Iam not sure what is (is not ) mounted running.
Does anyone have a step by step guide that will take me through the process ?
What am I missing ?
Iam still supicious that the win(xp) drive is not mounted but do not know how to check.
Thanks in advance. & sorry for being so long winded in the explanation.