It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: SCSIMax: ASPI found error
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:35 am 

Hi,

I need to check a Maxtor harddrive for problems. For this I booted UBCD from CD and selected SCSIMax to conduct the check. After I accept the Licence Agreement, the program stops with the following error message "ASPI found error" with some more information "... Load the ASPI device driver for your adapter in the Config.sys file of your boot drive." Since I am not very experienced with this level of the Windows system this does not help me and web searches did not turn anything up either. Could somebody describe how I can load the driver?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jutta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:40 am 

In the command prompt, type "aspi" to enable SCSI support. It will attempt to auto-detect your SCSI host controller and install the appropriate driver (alternatively, you can choose to manually select which driver to install).

If your driver isn't found, try updating the FreeDOS image (offers broader set of driver support)
viewtopic.php?t=1422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:46 am 

Thanks! It is running now.

Jutta

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]