Error: Unable to install network adapters.

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Ed Buffaloe

Error: Unable to install network adapters.

#1 Post by Ed Buffaloe » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:32 am

What might be the cause of the above error? I'm using the boot CD on an eMachines computer.

as702

#2 Post by as702 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:47 am

find the FreeDOS image on the ISO

UBCD 5.0b5

Code: Select all

/ubcd/images/fdubcd.igz
open the image (decompress with Gzip) and inject the required driver(s) for your desired NIC into the following folder (use WinImage)...

/lib/ndis
drivers can be found here...
http://www.nu2.nu/bootdisk/network/makedisk-old/
remaster the ISO with the newly created image.
Boot into FreeDOS, then type "msnet" to begin
"If you think things can't get any worse it's probably because you lack sufficient imagination."

Ed Buffaloe

#3 Post by Ed Buffaloe » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:36 am

I'm a beginner. I don't know how to find the FreeDOS image on the ISO. When I look on my current disc (which was generated by a friend), I see an IMAGES directory, but there is no fdubcd.igz in it.

I have downloaded a fresh copy of the ubcd411.iso file to my computer. How do I proceed?

as702

#4 Post by as702 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:55 am

No problem. You'll need to download the latest version of FreeDOS for UBCD...
viewtopic.php?t=1422

Once downloaded, unzip the file. Rename the image "dosubcd.igz" to "dosubcd.img.gz" (you should now be able to open the archived image using Gzip or Winzip).

There should be a file within the archive containing a *.img suffix. Use WinImage (google it) to open the disk image.

Search for the directory...

/lib/ndis
This is where you'll need to place (drag and drop) your network driver (see the link I provided with which to download the correct driver for your NIC). Once done, save the image and rename it to "dosubcd.igz" (I'm skipping the compression step for now).

Using ISO software (Nero, WinISO, MagicISO etc), insert the newly created disk image into your UBCD ISO...

/images/dosubcd.igz
Burn the ISO (or test it using a virtual machine such as Virtual PC or VMWare). Once booted, select the following from the CD menu...
DOS/Linux boot disks -> Dos boot disk -> FreeDOS bootdisk 3.40
Once loaded, exit to the command prompt and type "msnet" to begin.
"If you think things can't get any worse it's probably because you lack sufficient imagination."

smiler

Boot Cd's & Recovery Cd's

#5 Post by smiler » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:25 am

Check this site out it has all sorts of stuff that is really useful....

http://www.user-guides.co.uk/