booting UBCD for Windows 3.20 from DVD

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

it.center.eu

booting UBCD for Windows 3.20 from DVD

#1 Post by it.center.eu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:04 am

Good afternoon, i would like to ask a question regarding to UBCD. I created UBCDW for Windows 3.20 and used it, it is wonderfull, thanks for this project, but i wanted to improve it and burn UBCD project onto DVD because it brings more space on which i could place installations of usefull programs or files which could be used in Windows if i boot operating system normally from C: and not from UBCDW . So I added the whole contents of UBCD to new Nero new compilation - DVD (boot). As a boot image file I used BootImage.img (see burn_compilation.jpg in attachment) which I extracted from UBCD using ISOBuster (see attached BootImage.jpg).
After burning dvd when booting UBCD DVD it gets Prelogon error message "Failed loading language file" nad Joshuas PreShell error message "Failed loading language file" as well and Joshuas PreShell error message "X:\I386\system32\profiles.exe" Atter loading network support when i want to use MS Explorer it gets error message: "B:\UBCDWin User Settings\Administrator\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is probably inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location." After click this error message MS explorer started but eithout many items. When i use A43 File Management Utility for mapping network drives nothing happends when i click Map Network Drive, althought network browsing is working . When i want to run Xplorer-Lite nothing happends also. Also Device Manager is not working and "My Computer' and ' icons Network Places" are missings on the desktop. All from these were working before i copied UBCD contents onto DVD and burn it as Bootable DVD.
Is any way how to avoid these errors? What should i do to get UBCD onto DVD without so many failures. I would be greatefull if you could help me .
Thank you for your help in advance

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:31 am

Ask your question at the forums of UBCD4WIN. http://www.ubcd4win.com/

This is the forum for UBCD (DOS and linux programs).