[SOLVED] Can UBCD fix this problem?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

bobbymcapple

[SOLVED] Can UBCD fix this problem?

#1 Post by bobbymcapple » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:13 pm

I have this computer that recently (two days ago) cannot boot up. I get a message that says something like "Boot Failure, Reboot and Select Proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device".

So, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if UBCD can fix this problem.

Thanks
Last edited by bobbymcapple on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:54 pm

The first thing you need to check is if the drive is being detected by your system. Go into the BIOS and see if it shows the drive. If you do see it, you can try booting to the UBCD and then running TestDisk to see if that detects any errors. You can also use the drive manufacturers diagnostics included in UBCD. Give us a bit more info. and we can point you in the more specific direction.

bobbymcapple

#3 Post by bobbymcapple » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:05 pm

I went into the BIOS and for Boot Priority, it says:
1st Boot Device: CD-ROM
2nd Boot Device: IDE-0
3rd Boot Device: CD-ROM

Is IDE-0 the hard drive? I checked the list of boot devices that I can choose from, and there is also IDE-1, IDE-2, and IDE-3. So which of them is my hard drive?

Thanks

The Piney

#4 Post by The Piney » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:25 pm

IDE-0 would be the correct drive, but what I was wondering is if the drive was being detected. In the BIOS you usually have a list of detected drives, is it showing your hard disk?

What is the system you have? Make/Model? Have you done any upgrades or replacements within the case?

bobbymcapple

#5 Post by bobbymcapple » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:19 pm

I checked the BIOS settings, and I found out that the drive wasn't being detected, I changed the setting to detect the drive and now the computer is booting up normally again.

Thanks for you help.