Nuke & Boot Confused @ Partitions With HP XP MCE

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

goldeng

Nuke & Boot Confused @ Partitions With HP XP MCE

#1 Post by goldeng » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a 2005 HP notebook with xp media center os. It's about that time to clean it up.
I want to nuke and boot and then run the factory reinstall dvd's including the driver dvd.
I'm afraid there might be bad bugs in the partitions.
I iso burned ubcd, and changed my bios to cd first.
My question is should i autonuke, interactive (mode to chose what partitions to nuke), or what
If i nuke all partitions will i then be able to go straight to the factory reinstall disk and it will guide me to create the partitions and add whatever is needed to complete the xp setup.
Or will nuking the whole blessed drive push me to extra steps for dos, fdsik,nts , create new partitions etc.
please help

Icecube

Re: Nuke & Boot Confused @ Partitions With HP XP MCE

#2 Post by Icecube » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:20 am

goldeng wrote:My question is should i autonuke, interactive (mode to chose what partitions to nuke), or what
if you choose autonuke, be sure that you remove all usb sticks, external hard disk, internal hard disk that you don't want to nuke! If you have only 1 hard disk in your PC, you can choose that option.
goldeng wrote:If i nuke all partitions will i then be able to go straight to the factory reinstall disk and it will guide me to create the partitions and add whatever is needed to complete the xp setup.
If you have an install disk of XP, yes. If you have an image disk of XP, it will copy the image to your hard drive and it will be the same as when you bought your pc.
goldeng wrote:Or will nuking the whole blessed drive push me to extra steps for dos, fdsik,nts , create new partitions etc.
please help
Windows XP will let you make partitions.

goldeng

That clears things up, thanks

#3 Post by goldeng » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:26 pm

Thanks Icecube,
From my research that was the only question left to be answered.
xp will recreate the partitions needed and nuke and boot is good to go.