It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Error isolinux.bin missing file
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:28 am 

Good day to all... :)

This is my first time to post here in this forum. I may say that I'm not that totally a newbie when it comes to computer related topics so this will give some of you an idea of my computer expertise level.

So this is my problem: When I try to remaster the extracted UBCD back to its original ISO, I always got the same error message that looks like this image here.

I even tried to update the isolinux.bin hoping that it would solve the issue, but to no avail... :( I am really scratching my head on this one 'coz I can clearly see that the specific file is not missing and is totally there.

I don't know where is the problem coming from and if there is something wrong or missing that I should be fixing in the first place in order to get this one right.

Can somebody please guide me through this process even though this seems a little bit easy. Maybe it's just I'm clearly missing something here that I am not totally aware of.

Thank you for your time on reading my post... Hoping for your kind response... Until next time... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:39 am 

Actually it is quite simple to solve it. You did specify the wrong path.
Quote:
cd C:\UBCD\UBCD410\tools\ubcd2iso\
ubcd2iso C:\UBCD\UBCD410 C:\UBCD410-custom.iso

If the original UBCD410.iso is in C:\, you probably don't want to overwrite it, so use C:\UBCD410-custom.iso (or another name) instead.

There are also 2 newer versions out:
UBCD411 (see download page)
and UBCD500eta5: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1550

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:26 pm 

Good day to you Icecube... :) Cool nick by the way... :)

Quote:
Actually it is quite simple to solve it. You did specify the wrong path.

Quote:
cd C:\UBCD\UBCD410\tools\ubcd2iso\
ubcd2iso C:\UBCD\UBCD410 C:\UBCD410-custom.iso

I see... I've already done what you have instructed and it works... I did miss something there and I noticed that I pointed the command line on the wrong folder on what supposed to be the more specific folder which is c:\ubcd\ubcd410 rather than the original c:\ubcd which explains why the specified file I'm pointing at is 'missing' during the error.

Thanks again for the help and more power... :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]