How do I access Recovery Console from UBCD?

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

dylaniriz

How do I access Recovery Console from UBCD?

#1 Post by dylaniriz » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:43 pm

I can't find the option anywhere and i've been searching for this shit for about an hour. its really pissing me off. much appreciated if you can help me

sorry about posting this in the wrong forum

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:57 pm

Did you add the Recovery Console to your disc? I don't recall it being included..

dylaniriz

#3 Post by dylaniriz » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

I thought it was included. How do I add it to the disc?

dylaniriz

#4 Post by dylaniriz » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:07 pm

my problem is I get a blue screen of death and the option to boot in safe mode, last working, and to boot normally. Whichever option I choose ends up looping back to the boot screen again. I found a bunch of other people who have had a similar problem to mine and the solution was always to boot up from the windows install cd, which i don't have, access the recovery console and chkdisk/ r

well since I can't find my windows cd I'm trying to use UBCD.

it's not this PC that i'm having the problem with fyi as you can probably see since i'm able to get on and post this fine.

Does anyone have any advice? Please don't tell me to borrow a cd from a friend as that shit gets annoying

Before all this started RunDll32 kept crashing and I kept getting one of those 0x0000000 errors or something. I managed to scan my computer before this happend and when I tried to remove some ROOTKIT .dll from the system32 folder i was prompted to restart. I did so and caught in this loop thing.

so I definately have corrupted files or files missing due to the virus. hope that gives you enough information to help me out.

The Piney

#5 Post by The Piney » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:45 pm

I'm taking it that your on an XP system.. If not, I can't help as I don't have Vista..

Check out this tutorial for adding Recovery Console to UBCD 4.x

viewtopic.php?t=856

dylaniriz

#6 Post by dylaniriz » Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:41 pm

well if i need the windows cd wouldn't be easier for me to just get a cd a access RC from that?

and Yes I am working with an XP System

The Piney

#7 Post by The Piney » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:42 pm

dylaniriz wrote:well if i need the windows cd wouldn't be easier for me to just get a cd a access RC from that?
Yeah, it would be easier to just use a CD but I wasn't going to tell you to borrow one...

You might have to do a repair install as the files may not be able to be recovered.

dylaniriz

#8 Post by dylaniriz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:48 pm

I tried a repair install actually and with no luck. If it is my only option I'll take my HD out this weekend to reformat and i'll reinstall windows.