BSOD SATA ISSUE ON DELL 8400

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

goatus

BSOD SATA ISSUE ON DELL 8400

#1 Post by goatus » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:14 pm

My machine was infected with zlob.g or a variant of it. AVG didn't find it, so I installed Kapesky AV. I had to remove AVG in the registry for it to install. eventually I got it up and running. I scanned the drives and it found the culprit and then some. I left it running over night.

I awoke to a BSOD with a 0x00008086 stop error. I was able to boot to safemode, the files were all there, thus I figured I could somehow turn system restore on, then reboot. Nope. Seems I can't turn it on via safemode.

I decided to do a repair. So I fired up the XP Pro disk...
All seemed well, it seemed to be working then when it went to reboot after the "windows is configuring your system"...it reboots then another BSOD. 0x8070184A.

I read this could be an issue with the SATA drive.
Now I can no longer go to safemode :(
After using your product I was able to see the files, I can the spyware stuff, it killed a bunch of cookies and adware.

Boot up, still BSOD.

I got the drivers from Dell (SATA). One was 15mb, way too large for a floppy. The other I added to my floppy correctly. It showed 2 drivers on was RAID the other ACHI. I tried them separate and together...same BSOD. (F6)

I turned SATA on and off in the bios, changed it to combo before, because earlier XP's repair couldn't see the HD (Maxtor 7y250m0).
I received an unknown volume...the pc is a Dell 8400.

Now I'm pulling my hair out.

I was also wondering why I cannot install any .exe's? UBCD claims I'm not ADMIN when I am, also is there a way to uninstall Kaspesky somehow? I see no uninstall programs in the control panel.

I'm in a bind and this conundrum is maddening. I need a brighter mind than my own. What next?

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:26 pm

Are you referring to UBCD4XIN instead of UBCD?
http://www.ubcd4win.com

Maybe you can try to slipstream the SATA drivers into your own customized Windows installation CD:
http://www.nliteos.com/