Instructions

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

KathyM

Instructions

#1 Post by KathyM » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi! this is my first time on this forum and I would like to know where I can find instructions for using this program......I have a HD that although I am able to get into the CMOS set and make changes it does not allow me to do anything else. I put in the CD which I got from Computer Tech school and I am at a loss for what to do when the menu comes up.....any advice or instructions??? I apologize for not really searching the website to see if in fact there is an answer to my question.......looking forward to any and all replies!! KathyM

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi Kathy and welcome to the site,

There is no real instruction/documentation for the project as a whole since the included programs have their own instructions. If you give a bit more detail I and others on the forum can help you to get started..

The more information you give the better we can help. The info. to best start with is:

1. The system specs, ie. Manufacturer, CPU/processor, Hard Drive, etc.

2. What exactly happened if you can tell us and be as specific as possible. Errors, sounds such as clicking, squeaking, etc.

3. What have you done so far to attempt to fix it, best to not do anything if your not sure what to do. Be honest on this as many people will attempt to do things and screw things up more, which makes it harder to diagnose as well.

4. Do you have backups of you important data?

5. What version of UBCD (DOS/LINUX) are you using?

6. Anything else you can tell us..