Invalid opcode and no harddisk found

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Erik0

Invalid opcode and no harddisk found

#1 Post by Erik0 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:32 am

Hello,

I have some problems with UBCD, I'm getting an invalid opcode error when I'm trying a diagnostic harddisk tool. I want to check my harddisk on errors but it can't find my harddisk or it gives an invalid opcode. Does anyone knows what the problem could be?

I thought it had something to do with sata, but it doesn't matter or I set the SATA-controller in the bios on AHCI or Compatible.

I had those problems also with Hiren's bootcd, I tried anything but it won't find my harddisk. The reason I want to check my harddisk is because I'm getting more problems with windows every day, last time windows installer couldn't even format my harddisk! Has someone a solution?

Best regards,

Erik

Icecube

#2 Post by Icecube » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:41 am

Download UBCD50b12 and try the grub4dos menu (helps in some cases when you get an invalid opcode).

Take also a look at:
viewtopic.php?t=1794
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

Erik0

#3 Post by Erik0 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:02 am

Icecube wrote:Download UBCD50b12 and try the grub4dos menu (helps in some cases when you get an invalid opcode).

Take also a look at:
viewtopic.php?t=1794
Thanks, but I've already tested my harddisk by using ubuntu badblocks, because ubcd still doesn't work.

Regards,

Erik

StopSpazzing

Re: Invalid opcode and no harddisk found

#4 Post by StopSpazzing » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:13 pm

Erik0 wrote:Hello,

I have some problems with UBCD, I'm getting an invalid opcode error when I'm trying a diagnostic harddisk tool. I want to check my harddisk on errors but it can't find my harddisk or it gives an invalid opcode. Does anyone knows what the problem could be?

I thought it had something to do with sata, but it doesn't matter or I set the SATA-controller in the bios on AHCI or Compatible.

I had those problems also with Hiren's bootcd, I tried anything but it won't find my harddisk. The reason I want to check my harddisk is because I'm getting more problems with windows every day, last time windows installer couldn't even format my harddisk! Has someone a solution?

Best regards,

Erik
Wow..thats bad...have you tried the recovery console off of the windows installer cd? gives you options to format and chkdsk aswell.

But sounds like your hard drive is on its last legs and i suggest you get a new hard drive if you cant format/chkdsk and you continue to get more problems everyday.

Another option is to use knoppix (burn it to cd) and see if it detects the hd (people say it does even when nothing else could) and run ntfsfix from command line. But if you have to goto this length to fix the drive..again cant state it more than enough, sounds like your hd is dying and will go out soon and you should replace it.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.