I need help please...

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

sirfoulsalot

I need help please...

#1 Post by sirfoulsalot » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 am

Okay, it seems I have the "Can't load Windows" syndrome. I am using XP SP2 and went to use my computer today and it won't start Windows. Won't start no matter how I try, even won't start safe mode. After doing some research, other people kept pointing to Ultimate Boot CD. I downloaded it and I am able to boot the CD, but I have no idea what to do now!
I can't seem to find any information on how I am supposed to go about using Ultimate Boot CD to fix my issue.
Any and all advice/help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Randy

StopSpazzing

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Do you get an error message or some kind of blue screen of death when trying to boot into windows?

Options are as I have posted many times before:

Using the windows install cd you used to intall your copy of windows, boot the cd and press f8 and then R to do a windows repair. All your windows updates will be removed and you will have to reupdate windows but should fix your issue and you will not lose any programs you have installed.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

sirfoulsalot

#3 Post by sirfoulsalot » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks for the reply.
I do get the blue screen of death, but only for a millisecond. Too fast to read.
I also don't have the Windows boot CD...I don't have any of my Windows CD's.
Any suggestions?

StopSpazzing

#4 Post by StopSpazzing » Sun May 10, 2009 8:39 am

sirfoulsalot wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I do get the blue screen of death, but only for a millisecond. Too fast to read.
I also don't have the Windows boot CD...I don't have any of my Windows CD's.
Any suggestions?
Hmm Im suprised I never said to try to boot into safe mode. When booting up keep pressing f8 and see if you can boot into the first option labeled safemode. If you can, you can easily fix the problem, tun chkdsk and scan your computer for viruses or anything else that may be messing up your boot. Also go into control panel>system>advanced tab>startup and recovery> and uncheck the box that says automatically reboot computer. You may also acutally be able to press pasue key when you see the blue screen. Never tried it tho..let me know if it does work.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.