Windows XP Boot Error

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

caspianrok

Windows XP Boot Error

#1 Post by caspianrok » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:42 pm

I apologize in advance for two reasons... first because this is V4 support (I couldn't find support for an earlier version) and second because I'm unsure if this is the right part of the forum to put this.

I'm posting this question for a friend of mine...
What happened:
She shut down her desktop during the boot process, this has (apparently) caused a boot error which no longer allows it to boot into windows. It gives her the standard "There was an improper shut down, how do you want to load windows? Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, or Start Normally" - All of these options attempt to load windows, fail, and then attempt to boot again, giving the same message.

How she wants to fix it:
She wants to use UBCD v3.4 (The only version she has) to attempt to correct whatever boot error there is, so that windows can load. - I'm not familiar with UBCD, as a matter of fact I didn't know it existed until she told me she was trying this and asked me for advice. (However, it's now something I'm definitely going to get) - She isn't sure what tool to use in UBCD to fix the boot error that's not letting her load windows. I told her I'd post here and ask, since I couldn't find information on how to do it elsewhere.

What she doesn't want to do:
She doesn't want to have to reformat her drive to fix the problem. She has a lot of information on it that she hasn't yet backed up. - However, she'd do it if she had to. So if there is no other way than to format the drive, please post the v3.4 how to.

Thanks for any help you can give.