It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: stuck in "startup repair"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:15 am 

Hi Guys,

got this cd to try to sort my Acer laptop out. Every time it boots up it won't leave "startup repair"...just stuck (and poorly?!)

So, I can manage to boot the cd up but then what do I do???? Any help please before it has to go to the repairers and cost me £££££. Got a few photos that need backing up before any permanaent damage is done.....although may be too late :(

Thanks!

Lydia

Post subject: Re: stuck in "startup repair"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:43 pm 

4pommes wrote:
Hi Guys,

got this cd to try to sort my Acer laptop out. Every time it boots up it won't leave "startup repair"...just stuck (and poorly?!)

So, I can manage to boot the cd up but then what do I do???? Any help please before it has to go to the repairers and cost me £££££. Got a few photos that need backing up before any permanaent damage is done.....although may be too late :(

Thanks!

Lydia

Use UBCD5.0RC1 and boot into Parted Magic. Mount the drive that contains your pictures and copy over/burn anything you want to keep to cd/usb.

From there, if you haven't tried restarting and pressing f8 (Im assuming its Vista/7) and selecting "Last Known Good Configuration" and try booting into windows.

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:55 am 

Thanks for the reply.

Don't have Partition Magic on this version (4), however have found my back up to the photos!

So, now when I boot up the laptop (Vista) it is stuck in startup repair. What could I try please before new hard drive??

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 am 

4pommes wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Don't have Partition Magic on this version (4), however have found my back up to the photos!

So, now when I boot up the laptop (Vista) it is stuck in startup repair. What could I try please before new hard drive??

Thanks

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista ... -blue.html

Keep reading as there are several options for your situation.

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]