question voided

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

laurain

question voided

#1 Post by laurain » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:30 am

question voided
Last edited by laurain on Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

StopSpazzing

Re: Urgent Question!!

#2 Post by StopSpazzing » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:25 pm

laurain wrote:How would someone delete the illegal tools that they do not have a license for on a Hiren Boot CD, so that usage of it will all be legal?
The whole CD/DVD contains illegal programs, there is nothing free on it to my knowledge. Best not to DL it at all as you are supporting illegal activity.

Btw, asking how to edit an illegal CD/DVD, even with the best of intentions (in this case removing illegal material), is like giving a prisoner schematics to break out of jail, but not the material or the help.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.

The Piney

#3 Post by The Piney » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Unless it changed from several year ago, someone on this forum or the UBCD4Win forum posted that they did have some "free for personal use" and similar programs. I say it's best to just keep away from it. Between UBCD (DOS/Linux) and UBCD4Win and all the many plugins for each you can build exactly what you want and/or need.

StopSpazzing

#4 Post by StopSpazzing » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 am

The Piney wrote:Unless it changed from several year ago, someone on this forum or the UBCD4Win forum posted that they did have some "free for personal use" and similar programs. I say it's best to just keep away from it. Between UBCD (DOS/Linux) and UBCD4Win and all the many plugins for each you can build exactly what you want and/or need.

Yes, there are several free for non-professional use on it, BUT the thing is that I do believe most of the still stay (on their website) they cant be repacked into something else, in this case a CD, and redistributed. I believe you are suppose to DL the items from the site yourself. So basically if you made the CD yourself and packed all the items yourself, you are ok...with some of them. Unless they are GPL, which I do believe several of the Linux problems on it are, but for the most part are few and far between.

There is a certain Hirens website that contains the information on the latest build. I will not link it but I easily found it via google. If you want to make it more "legal" go there and then remove all programs that cost money from the CD, and if it want to make the CD completely legal, then goto every single website for every freeware program on the CD and look at their terms of use of their program, and then ask them if you can make an ultimate CD that contains free programs with one of them being theirs, and go from there.
But as The Piney stated, would be easier to use the tools contained in the solutions already offered.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.