It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: ISO Image
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:55 am 

Hi,

I have an tired comp that has (had) win95 on it, and the hard drive was partitioned for a network (at work). I am trying to install windows 98, and cannot due to the partition and disk compression. I unfortunately already created a boot floppy, formatted the c:, and tried to install 98, so there is no longer an o/s on this machine. I downloaded ubcd, and opened and burned the iso from another pewter on my home network, but that comp did not recognize the iso file type. I burned it anyway, simply using windows (xp), and it now will not boot from this cd, on the pewter I am trying to re-format.

First - was drag/drop to the burner (of the iso file) on that comp a bad idea if it did not recognize it?

second, if I get a disk burned the correct way, is it able to help me format this drive, and get the network partition back to normal, so I can install WIn98?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:47 pm 

Try burning using BurnCDCC:

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html

It is a small app for burning ISO images only.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]