UBCD not starting

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

bcdrive88

UBCD not starting

#1 Post by bcdrive88 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:54 pm

Hi, I recently had a hard drive failure and I'm trying to use UBCD.

Before trying it, I used my computer's built-in recovery system to no avail. I decided to try out UBCD, but my computer won't boot from it. I used the downloaded EXE and burned the ISO file onto disk using Nero. Is there something I'm not doing right?

SteelTrepid

#2 Post by SteelTrepid » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:28 am

First, you need to make sure the BIOS is set to boot from CD. Have you verified this yet??

Second, you may have burned your ISO image incorrectly. When you look at your "burnt" CD....how many files and folder are there on it? If you only see one file, you burnt it wrong. If you see several files and folders then that is correct and it should boot.

Hope this helps, please let us know how everything works out. Post more questions if necessary.

kletter

Same problems

#3 Post by kletter » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:43 am

OK, I am having the same issues with my cop"ies".
My disk starts to run then stops at [DR-DOS] A:\. Once it reaches this point I can go no further.
I have downloaded from different mirror sites and used different machines to burn information to disk and all I have is one ISO file showing? According to the last post there are supposed to be 7 files? Could all the mirror sites be pushing a broken file or am I just missing something?

Thanks
feeling real dumb

SteelTrepid

#4 Post by SteelTrepid » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:27 pm

You need to burn the ISO file properly. Sounds like you tried to make this CD bootable with an option in your software, this is wrong. Just burning the file to CD does nothing. You need to select "Burn Image file to CD" in your burning software. An ISO image needs to be processed properly by your burning software, pretty much all burning software has the option to burn ISO's. ISO's are an exact image of CD, so when they are burned properly the booting information, etc. will be placed on the CD.

Check out these instructions, they are for CD Burner XP Pro, but they should help provide you with an idea of what you need to be looking for in your software:
http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm#burning

kletter

finally

#5 Post by kletter » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:31 am

I finally figured it out. I gave up on the Nero software ever working. I downloaded some freeware for my burner and bingo! It worked fine.

Stupid Nero.......