Extremely broken BIOS detected

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Andrescm

Extremely broken BIOS detected

#1 Post by Andrescm » Sat May 13, 2006 3:26 pm

Hello. I apologize if this issue has been addressed before but so far I haven´t found a specific message about this here. I´m having a problem with UBCD 3.4. My motherboard is an Asus P5GDC Deluxe. It has one primary IDE controller and two more controlled by an ATA RAID chip (ITE IT8212). This allows up to 6 IDE devices, and any CD/DVD drive can be bootable connected to any of these three controllers.
Due to simplicity concerns I connected my two hard disks to the primary IDE controller and the CD and DVD drives to one of these ATA RAID controllers. Any bootable CD will boot fine on both of these drives, including UBCD. However, the Isolinux program seems to dislike this configuration and when it launches (after I select an utility) it displays either an "Extremely broken BIOS detected" message or it fills the video RAM with garbage and hangs. Connecting the CD/DVD drive to the primary controller fixes this but I think Isolinux shouldn´t have problems with this kind of controllers. Searching on Google has yielded some reports about incompatibilities with SCSI controllers too.

Is there any way to get around this problem without rearranging my whole computer case?

Thanks a lot.

Andrés

kethd

#2 Post by kethd » Tue May 16, 2006 4:48 am

Your problem may be related to my problem:
Dell Latitude CPi ISOLINUX 3.07 problems
viewtopic.php?t=508