help how to download ultimate boot cd for windows xp

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

Wjanet980

help how to download ultimate boot cd for windows xp

#1 Post by Wjanet980 » Thu May 25, 2006 1:34 pm

hi i am new here i was wondering if i have to download each individual program or is there a button that i can down load the whole thing because i carnt see what to do all these program names might as well be in double dutch if i tell you of my problem would anyone beable to tell me what it is that i need i dont have a floppy drive with my laptop so i carnt download floppys
but the problem isnt with this pc it is my main home office pc
it the me again i have brought my laptop upstairs so i can do the things you are asking me to do and thenreport back to you

the trouble is that i have a recovery cd rom but no floppy it never came with them because it has a recovery partition in the hard drive

ok this is what i have done so far my computor is about 3 years old and hp online support no longer help with this hp pavillion a509.uk

right firstly i have tryed system recovery from when the system was running very slow with an error in system32 coming up everytime system was restarted hense why i system recovered it

then when it started it wouldnt get past ntldr is compressed on the screen it wouldnt go any futher
so someone said to get the info from hp on this which i did the following steps without much luck

typed> diskpart (enter)
typed> list volume (enter)
typed> exit (enter)
typed> cd \windows \system32(enter)then it says
the system cannot find the path specified
typed> compact ntldr / u c:ntldr(enter)then it says
compact is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file
typed> exit

i have also tried

cd \ (enter)
attrib -c ntldr (enter)then it says
invalid switch - -c

please please please could you sergest anything else

chadbh74

Recovery

#2 Post by chadbh74 » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:29 am

I take it you cannot perform a good recovery from the Recovery Partition on the hard drive....

What is preventing you from using the Recovery CD you mention?