Purple Code Error

Try looking for help here if you are having problems with the Ultimate Boot CD.

Moderators: Icecube, StopSpazzing

g0dfather

Purple Code Error

#1 Post by g0dfather » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:08 pm

Can someone please tell me step by step on how to fix the purple code error w/ this program?

I am at the part where it says:

C:/

But don't know what to type next. Please help.

Thank you.

The Piney

#2 Post by The Piney » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:13 pm

A bit more info would help. Are talking about a Compaq/HP system, maybe that you are trying to restore?

If this is an HP/Compaq system I have a post from the UBCD4Win forum you should check out ->

http://ubcd4win.com/forum/index.php?s=& ... st&p=62754

g0dfather

#3 Post by g0dfather » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:45 pm

Yeah, it's an HP, sorry.

What if I can't hook the hard drive up to another?

Is there another way around?

The Piney

#4 Post by The Piney » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:37 pm

To sum it up, you need to put the hard drive into another computer as a slave or hook it up externally with one of those USB enclosures if you don't have space for a second hard drive. (or use the UBCD4WIN!!) Then open up C:\hp\bin\ConfigCheck\cfgchk.bat with notepad and modify the section that checks to see if the hard drive is tattoo'd to have it not bother checking at all. (although the hard drive will be running as slave so replace the C:\ with whatever drive letter Windows assigns it) The line to remove is: "python c:\hp\bin\ConfigCheck\run.py". Remove this one line and the problem is completely gone.
You could also boot to say Parted Magic which is included in UBCD5.0B12 and navigate to the file shown "C:\hp\bin\ConfigCheck\cfgchk.bat" using PCMan or other file manager or using a terminal and edit the file as stated.

I don't use the Linux tools ofter so Icecube or one of the other Linux guys may chime in with some advice or corrections.. This should get you started in the right direction though..

Hope it helps.. I'll be away later today and will not be back till late so I'll check back when I get home and see how it works out, post back with results please so others know how it comes out as well..

g0dfather

#5 Post by g0dfather » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:28 pm

The Piney wrote:
To sum it up, you need to put the hard drive into another computer as a slave or hook it up externally with one of those USB enclosures if you don't have space for a second hard drive. (or use the UBCD4WIN!!) Then open up C:\hp\bin\ConfigCheck\cfgchk.bat with notepad and modify the section that checks to see if the hard drive is tattoo'd to have it not bother checking at all. (although the hard drive will be running as slave so replace the C:\ with whatever drive letter Windows assigns it) The line to remove is: "python c:\hp\bin\ConfigCheck\run.py". Remove this one line and the problem is completely gone.
You could also boot to say Parted Magic which is included in UBCD5.0B12 and navigate to the file shown "C:\hp\bin\ConfigCheck\cfgchk.bat" using PCMan or other file manager or using a terminal and edit the file as stated.

I don't use the Linux tools ofter so Icecube or one of the other Linux guys may chime in with some advice or corrections.. This should get you started in the right direction though..

Hope it helps.. I'll be away later today and will not be back till late so I'll check back when I get home and see how it works out, post back with results please so others know how it comes out as well..
I'm sorry, I really don't understand. This is honestly my first time of ever having to work w/ this stuff.

Is PCMan on a seperate disk? Or parted magic?

If not, how would I go about getting to these?

Thanks for your response though.

Icecube

#6 Post by Icecube » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:51 pm

PCman is a filemanager inside Parted Magic.
Download UBCD50b12, which has Parted Magic or download the original Parted Magic iso.
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5.0: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
Use Parted Magic for handling all partitioning task: http://partedmagic.com/

g0dfather

#7 Post by g0dfather » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:49 pm

How do I get to parted magic or PCMan?

I have the screen up, but what do I type in now?

g0dfather

#8 Post by g0dfather » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:17 pm

After all this time, I don't think I am seeing the screen I am supposed too. Judging by the images at least, my screen is completely different. I don't have a menu like that, nor does it say UBCD or whatever.

I think I am going to buy a new computer. I don't really have a lot of patience and get annoyed quickly. Just remind me to stay away from HP products from now on.

Thanks though guys.

StopSpazzing

#9 Post by StopSpazzing » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:20 am

g0dfather wrote:After all this time, I don't think I am seeing the screen I am supposed too. Judging by the images at least, my screen is completely different. I don't have a menu like that, nor does it say UBCD or whatever.

I think I am going to buy a new computer. I don't really have a lot of patience and get annoyed quickly. Just remind me to stay away from HP products from now on.

Thanks though guys.
Download Ultimate Boot CD v5 beta 12: viewtopic.php?t=1814
Its in icecubes sig. Dl it and burn it to cd. When the cd is booted from, run the entry named Parted Magic, think its like second or third from the bottom. It will open up the parted magic menu. Basically just press enter if you have 512mb of ram, if it has issues try the second entry. Should now give you access to the hard drive. From there you can follow the intructions provided above to edit that file. Shouldnt take more than 5 minutes to do.
~Just StopSpazzing~

Visit the UBCD Wiki: http://wiki.ultimatebootcd.com
Please check your UBCD ISO MD5 Hash Sum; May prevent issues later on by not having an exact copy.

Currently Working on Common Issues and Repair Tips on the Wiki.